Nasdaq Data Link now offers API access to stock prices from India, China, Japan and other countries. Nasdaq Data Link also provides stock fundamentals, sentiment, corporate actions and other extended equity data for global stock markets.
Chinese stock fundamentals:
Free: not available
To use the Nasdaq Data Link API for global stock data:
- Register for a free API key.
- Explore the datasets listed below, or use our search page to find the data you need.
- Read our API documentation to learn the syntax and start making calls.
If you prefer, you can get your data directly into Python, R, Excel, Ruby and other tools.
Nasdaq Data Link’s global equity data is divided into several “datasets”, each covering a different subject. Many datasets on Nasdaq Data Link are free to use. Some are “premium” and are available only to subscribers.
Free datasets are maintained by the Nasdaq Data Link community of volunteer curators. As such, we cannot guarantee a daily publication time or quality standard for this data.
Premium datasets are provided by data vendors. These datasets are carefully audited and quality controlled; the data includes history, splits, dividends and adjusted prices; and they have guaranteed daily publishing times. Premium datasets are available only to paying subscribers, but you can preview them for free if you sign up for a Nasdaq Data Link account.
Data Coverage Areas
Nasdaq Data Link’s international equity data includes “raw” stock prices obtained directly from exchanges; “clean” stock prices which include adjusted prices, splits, dividends and ticker changes; fundamentals and financial ratios; global financial, economic and industry data; news and social media sentiment.
Nasdaq Data Link’s US equity data coverage is even wider; see API for US stock data for more.
6 years of history for 75+ essential fundamental indicators and financial ratios for 3,700+ companies worldwide. Updated daily.
List of Datasets
Global Stock Prices, from Vendors:
- RB1 – Global Fundamentals Data
- DY4 – Chinese stock prices: Shanghai + Shenzhen
- XBOM – Bombay stock exchange
- XSHG – Shanghai stock exchange
- XSHE – Shenzhen stock exchange
- XHKG – Hong Kong stock exchange
- XLON – London stock exchange
- XJPX – Japanese stock prices: Tokyo + Osaka
- XTSE – Toronto stock exchange
- XTSX – Toronto ventures exchange
- BCIW – Barchart global stock indexes
Global Stock Fundamentals:
- RB1 – Global Fundamentals Data
- DY1 – Chinese stock fundamentals
- DY5 – Chinese stock financial ratios
- DY2 – Chinese sector-specific industrial indicators
- DY3 – Chinese corporate actions
- NS1 – News sentiment and buzz for global stocks
Global Macro Data:
- SGE – Harmonized global economic data
- ODA – IMF cross-country economic data
- FRED – Federal Reserve Economic Data
- YC – Global yield curves
- DY2 – Chinese macroeconomic and industrial data
- ECB – Cross-European banking and economic data
- BOE – UK bank data, includes exchange and interest rates
- BCB – Comprehensive Brazilian and global macro data
- AUSBS – Socioeconomic and financial data for Australia
These pages may be helpful:
Get Started Now!
To use Nasdaq Data Link’s API for stock data, please sign up for a free API key:
Get Your Free API Key Now
Thank you for using Nasdaq Data Link. If you have any questions about this data or how to use it, please don’t hesitate to email us.